This is an uncertain and scary time, but I don’t think that we should be sitting in our fear. We should be trying to make the best of this time in ways that will help calm us and engage us. For those of us that may be relegated to working from home or staying home, here’s a list of things that you can do (Us introverts have already got this together, but I love a good listicle):
- Start writing that book or pick it back up. Camp NaNoWriMo is coming up in April anyway!
- If you’re the video game type and still want to stay connected with your friends, play an online game together like Minecraft or Uno and have a video call open in the background.
- Clean the house/your room. You and I both know those sheets need changing and that floor needs sweeping.
- Meditate. Take advantage of the quiet time. I personally like using Headspace, but you can always look up a a guided video on Youtbe, as well.
- Open up your preferred streaming service and binge a show or watch some movies.
- If your internet service sucks, turn on the radio, or crack open a DVD case. Heck, play records if you have them.
- Pick up a course on Udemy. I’m currently learning how to create Digital Art.
- Bond with your family/housemates. Lots of us are either coming home late from work or school and are too exhausted to be together, but now we have time to actually be around each other and connect. Just tell your people to pipe down when there’s a conference call.
- Game Jam! Try making up some concepts for a video game. You can always learn to code later.
- Give your hair some TLC. If you know what “deep conditioning” your hair means, take the time to soak your hair in some kitchen concoctions of eggs, mayonnaise, or whatever you can do. (Also, if you’re working from home and you’ve got to do virtual calls, turn your camera and claim that only the mic is working.)
I hope that you’re all staying safe and that you are using this time to rejuvenate yourself. Do you have any other ideas about what we could be doing during this time? Leave them in the comments below!